Multiple attempts were made to resolve the issue.
The root cause was suspected to be too many Locks against animator row entries.A full recycle of the system cleared these locks and restored all functionality.
It is suspected that this was the key error:07/03 22:02:10.23 MY_SERVER animator_nxd 6208 ERROR animator_nxd.c 1839 AHD03026:Retirado por outro usuário in animator ANI:4072880 (cr:786942) for atev:3487891 in method examine_lock_list
These points were already in place:
- Java heap space increased to 1024
- SDM agents raised from 6 to 24
- Dedicated domsrvr for the animator
- No System Locks were present
These tasks were tried, with no apparent effect:
- The process rpc_srvr was recycled
- The process animator_nxd was recycled (this may have had some effect
The following tracing was put on to get more information on the animator failure on the server where animator runs:
- pdm_logstat -n animator_nxd verbose
To turn off, enable:
- pdm_logstat -n animator_nxd