CA Workload Automation CA 7 Edition record many important messages regarding the status of CA 7. Various CA 7 system activities such as schedule scan, job submission and many other messages can be captured and routed to the OS Console, Unicenter Event Consoles or CA OpS/MVS EMA. These messages originate via the CA 7 Browse Data Set, which is defined as a Sequential BDAM Wrap-Around file. Once these messages are written to the browse data set, they can be routed to any of the above destinations where proactive actions can be taken. This feature is known as the 'Master Station Message Routing' (MSMR).
1. Create a CA 7 MSMR Control File. This can b a sequential file or it can be a PDS member. Both must be defined LRECL=80. PDS is recommended to allow for dynamic updating.
2. Add a DD statement named MSGRCNTL that identifies the file to the CA 7 STC JCL.
Do not use inline streams (such as DD * or DD DATA). Also, do not specify FREE=CLOSE.
3. If sending messages to a Unicenter Event Console, a 'TO NODE1 NODE2 NODE3' keyword is required within the top of the file. This statement must point to the CAICCI SYSID of the machine hosting the Unicenter Event Console that will receive CA 7 messages. As shown, multiple nodes can be represented.
4. If sending browse messages to CA OPS/MVS EMA, set a node name to *OPSAPI*. This node name can be used in place of, or in addition to, a Unicenter Event Console node name. OPSSAPI must be enclosed between '*'.
5. Any statement beginning in column 1 is treated as a comment.
6. Directly following the 'TO' statement, the 'TXT' keyword entry is required for each MSMR control file statement.
7. The value of a keyword should be enclosed in parentheses and must immediately follow the keyword. The following example conforms to this rule: TXT(SCM0)
8. Each keyword should be coded only once and nested parentheses are not permitted.
9. A line that terminates with '+' is considered a continuation. At least one blank must precede the '+'. At least one blank must follow the '+'.
10. If all messages are to be selected, you can code TXT(*).
11. A sample MSMR Control File is included in the CA 7 macro library (CAL2MAC).
12. During CA 7 startup, the following message is produced: CA-7.1001 - MSMR subtask initialization complete.
Note: If routing CA 7 browse dataset messages directly to the OS Console, the CA GTS feature must be use with the ECHO option.
For further information about the configuration of the MSMR table, please refer to the following CA manuals:
As always, please contact CA Technologies support for CA 7 if you have further questions.