Using OTB 'Report an Issue' offering, Based on the Selection for Urgency checkbox How to dynamically update the priority values for checked/unchecked scenario
The scenario is as per below requirement selection i.e. During raising a request in Catalog for OTB offering 'Report an Issue'
1. If Urgency check box is checked: Impact 5, urgency 1 = priority 3
2. If Urgency check box is not checked: Impact 5, urgency 2 = priority 4
Currently the OTB catalog is feeding on the default selection that was configured in Service Desk Manager(SDM).
If Urgency is checked the value passed from Catalog to SDM is to pick up the Urgency Default value.
If Urgency is unchecked the value passed from Catalog to SDM is to pick up the Urgency increment value from Priority Matrix Calculation.
CA Service Catalog 14.1 and higher
CA Service Desk Manager 14.1 and higher
Follow the below steps to get a solution as per the requirement
1. Update the default priority calculation matrix i.e.
2. Login to Service Desk Manager - Administration Tab - Service Desk - Request/Incidents/Problems - Priority Calculation
3. Select the 'Default' record and Edit
4. Under Priority Calculation Options - update Urgency Default value to '2-Soon'
5. Save and Test the behavior from Catalog by raising on 'Report and Issue'
1. If Urgency checkbox is checked, the priority is set to 4
2. If Urgency checkbox is unchecked, the priority is set to 3
Note: The update of priority matrix will also make amendments to all the tickets raised on CR with the default Urgency value is set to '2-Soon' and thus changing the priority value according to the matrix