This document will outline how to enable debugging for Datamaker through the user interface.
If you are experiencing any issues while using Datamaker and either want to get more information on why you are experiencing the issue, or need to send log files to Support, enabling debugging is a good first step.
The result of enabling debugging are logs and other files that may contain a clearer error message or relay more details of when the error occurred in the scenario you are testing.
This can be very helpful when troubleshooting a potential bug or finding out where things went wrong.
This form of debugging can be turned on from within Datamaker’s user interface so that you will not need to change any configuration files.
CA Test Data Manager
1. Launch Datamaker by double clicking the icon on your desktop, or by going to your GTDatamaker directory and double clicking on the gtdatamaker.exe.
2. On the login page, enter your User Name and Password. Then click the green checkmark in the bottom, right-hand corner of the window or hit ‘Enter’ on your keyboard.
3. Connect to the Source and Target profile connections that you would like to use for your test by checking the boxes next to the profile name. Click on the green icon at the bottom, left-hand side of the window to enter Datamaker.
4. Once inside Datamaker, click on the ‘Settings’ tab at the top of the screen.
5. Choose ‘Options’ from the drop down list.
6. In the Options window that appears:
7. Re-run the test or scenario you were doing previously when getting the error or unexpected behavior.
8. Once done, look in your GTDatamaker logs folder.
If you see log files in this location, then you have successfully enabled debugging.