Performance Management component services (DA and DC) require communication to another service to function. This is true for both a fresh start of the services as well as when the services are currently running.
As a Platform Administrator you may find the Data Aggregator or Data Collector services stopped. One of the likely reasons for this is a required service was stopped or something interrupted communication between the service in question and one that that service is required to be able to talk to.
To start Performance Management services correctly, the following order should be adhered to:
1. Start the Data Repository.
2. Start the Data Aggregator once the Data Repository says the database is online.
3. Start the Data Collector(s) once the Data Aggregator is up and ready to respond to communication requests.
a. This can be checked in a few ways:
i. Issue the following command from the Data Collector, when you receive xml resuls back you can start the Data Collector:
ii. Within CAPC -> Administration -> Data Sources - Select the Data Aggregator and click test. When it is successful you can start the Data Collector.
1. After approximately 10 minutes after the Data Repository stops, the Data Aggregator will in turn stop.
a. If the Data Repository is brought back online before the 10 minutes is up, the Data Aggregator may still need to be stopped and restarted manually if the two are unable to reconnect properly.
2. After approximately 10 minutes after the Data Aggregator stops, the Data Collector will in turn stop.
a. If the Data Aggregator is brought back online before the 10 minutes is up, the Data Collector may still need to be stopped and restarted manually if the two are unable to reconnect properly.