CA Identity Manager: Environment IdentityEnv is stopping by itself
Article ID: 95742
CA Identity ManagerCA Identity GovernanceCA Identity Portal
CA Identity Manager environment IdentityEnv stops by itself and after recycle the appliance starts again. However after a short while the "IdentityEnv" envionment stops by itself again.
CA Identity Suite Virtual Appliance 14.0 or 14.1 The internal OS is CentOS
1. Start checking the disk space of CentOS using the command df -k
In this following example shows Use% of / filesystem with 50% usage that is good.
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/vg_ca--vapp-lv_root 49099068 23302364 23305904 50% / tmpfs 5063084 681452 4381632 14% /dev/shm /dev/sda1 495844 52884 417360 12% /boot
2. You should worry when the Use% is above 70%. It's recommended leave space in filesystem
The restart may happen when the %Use is 100% of / filesystem space.
3. Also review inside logs as IDM wildfly log server.log that is present in the folder /opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/logs/IDM_logs/server.log can have this error:
YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS,643 WARN [org.hornetq.core.server] (JournalImpl::FilesExecutor) HQ222010: Critical IO Error, shutting down the server. file=NIOSequentialFile /opt/CA/wildfly-idm/standalone/data/live-hornetq/journal/hornetq-data-144199.hq.tmp, message=No space left on device: HornetQIOErrorException[errorType=IO_ERROR message=No space left on device]
1. Login with config user in CentOs Virtual Machines and check inside of folder /opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/logs that have links for each separated component as shows in following example.
Each one in yellow is a symbolic link to each folder of components
2. Enter in individual folders and check if have old files to remove using Unix based commands.
a. for folder /opt/CA/IdentityManager/ProvisioningServer/logs the user is imps so need do the command a su - imps before try remove files. b. for folder /opt/CA/Directory/dxserver/logs/ the owner of files is dsa, so in same way necessary su - dsa from config user.