Please use the following procedure to migrate the existing Windows Client to the new server.
Basically, you need to copy the "C:\BrightStor SRM Data" folder from the old server to the new server, while taking care that this must be on same path on both machines and the new Windows Client should have the same release.
In this case here, the "Database" and "Central" folder were not under "C:\BrightStor SRM Data" on the old server, but in another folder on E:\... on the old server, therefore the additional step 8).
Note: The new server requires that .NET framework 3.5 and higher is installed before the Windows Client can be installed.
1) Backup the "Database" and "Central folder from the old server
2) Install Patch 4 to upgrade the Windows Client on the old server to the current release 12.7.871.4 as currently 12.7.871.2 is installed there
3) Start the Windows Client on the old server to verify all is working and it is now on release 12.7.871.4
4) Backup the "Database" and "Central" folder from the old server again
5) Install the same release on the new server, that means Windows Client r12.7 SP2 Build871 + Patch 4 using the default installation paths during the installation
6) Copy the "Database" and "Central folder from the old server ("E:\...") to the new server into "C:\BrightStor SRM Data"
7) Start the Windows Client on the new server to verify all is working and it is on release 12.7.871.4
8) Check the output destination for user views ("View and output definitions") and Log scripts with activated "save in local Database" option.
Some of them may not work if the output destination (folder) doesn't exist or still points to E:\...
The Windows Client r12.7 SP2 Build871 and Patch4 are available for download from support.ca.com via our web site:
"CA Vantage Storage Resource Manager Maintenance Grid", see link -