This document describes how to increase the number of users in a Capture Snapshot Data, non-XML.
Identity Manager 14.x
The limit enforced during snapshot capture is subject to the limit defined on the Corporate (User) store.
In CA Directory, this is the max-op-size parameter defined under ..\limits\DSANAME.dxc ie
set max-op-size = 10000;
We can remove the limit all together (none) or set it to a specific number. After this change, we need to reload the DSA (dxserver init DSANAME)
From vApp where you have UserStore deployed
- Change to dsa user, only this user has permission to change DSA files
su - dsa
- Edit the vapp-default.dxc file
Note that you may need to use a chmod commad to update the file permissions on the vapp-default.dxc file. For example if the permissions on the file were -r--r----- then running a chmod 640 vapp-default.dxc will grant read/write permissions so it would then be -rw-w----- instead.
- Change the "max-op-size" parameter, from 10000 to a higher value (based on your needs)
- Save the file
- Restart UserStore DSA to the change takes effect
For the rest of the UI tasks, it is the limit configured in the Directory.xml under maxrows which enforces the number of results return in User / Group / Organization related searches
- Access the Identity Manager Management Console
- Navigate to Directories > select your User Store and in the bottom page click Export button
- Edit your Userstore.xml file and search for "maxrows"
<DirectorySearch maxrows="10000" maxpagesize="1024" minsortrules="1"/>
- Change this value to the number of users to be displayed in the search results (snapshot excluded).
After that, re-import XML file:
- Navigate to Directories > select your User Store and in the bottom page click Update button
- Select the XML file you just edit and import and restart the environment