The SMTP Mail server configuration is missing and DE Administrator cannot configure the SMTP Mail server in Admin perspective Topology view on the Desktop Client.
The DE (dSeries) installation program prompts for the SMTP Mail Server Address and Port during server installation but the server may not be able to setup the SMTP Server if the SMTP Mail server address is invalid.
SMTP Mail Server Address - Specifies the name of your SMTP mail server.
Please coordinate with your Database Administrator (DBA) to configure the SMTP Main Server.
First, run the SQL query:
select IN_USE_1,IN_USE_2,DESIRED from ESP_CONFIG_PROPERTY where NAME like 'mail.smtp.host';
If no result is returned, it confirms the SMTP Mail server is not properly configured.
Check that smtpconf.xml file exist in <DE_Install_dir>/conf/DBInit/Config/smtp directory and the mail.smtp.host entry in the smtpconf.xml file is valid.
If it exists, follow these steps to populate the database with the SMTP configuration data.
Importantly, the DBA should take a full backup of the database after the DE Server is shutdown in step (1).
1. Stop DE (dSeries) server. If High Availability (HA), stop Standby follow by Primary.
2. Backup the <DE_install_dir>/conf/DBInit directory (say to DBInit_bkup)
This backed up the DBInit directory for the server.
3. Remove all sub_directories in DBInit directory except Config
(Importantly, remove ALL sub-directories in DBInit directory except Config)
4. The DBA should connect to the database and set the value in POPULATED column in ESP_VERSION table to zero (0). That is, set the value from 1 to 0.
5. Commit the change in (4) – By the DBA
This flags the database to load the Config data when the server starts.
6. Start DE (dSeries) server. If HA, start the Primary server first.
The database is modified with the Config data in the original DBInit directory.
7. Check the SMTP Server configuration is displayed in the Topology.
8. Copy all the directories except Config from DBInit_bkup to the original DBInit directory.