1. PTFs RO99143 and RO99144 are replacement PTFs for the original PTFs, thus Temporary Keep VT field already existed in the maintenance stream.
2. This maintenance is correcting behavior of the added function of making Keep ACB temporary to work as advertised. Temporary Keep VT was developed to address certain customer issues with running out of Virtual Terminals for their applications that required Keep ACB. This required that Keep ACB be a temporary controlled by a timer.
3. The default value is "N"
4. Related variable names:
- ACTTRSV - Temporary Keep VT (Reserved ACB Release) - Specify Y to have TPX check if reserved ACBs can be released. Check and release is done at the SMRT Checking Interval if interval is greater than zero.
- ACTSAVE - Keep virtual terminal (Reserved ACB/Keep ACB) - Specifies whether the virtual terminal should be maintained when the application session ends. Certain applications require the virtual terminal to be maintained and reserved for that session for security reasons [Note: Reserved ACB is also known as Keep ACB.]
5. Listed below is the batch report example to determine whether any user sessions have specified KeepACB = 'Y' C
C THIS SAMPLE TPX BATCH ADMINISTRATION JOB PRINTS ALL
C ACT ENTRY NAME.
EXTRACT GIVING(XTRACT) ACT (VACTTBL(ACTCNVT))
REPORT GIVING(RPTFILE) USING (XTRACT)
( ' APPLID =' '&ACTNAME'
' ACTINQ = &ACTINQ'
' KEEPACB = &ACTSAVE '
' ACBRELASE = &ACTTRSV '
6. Here is the snippet of what the output would look like : APPLID =AION ACTINQ = Y KEEPACB = N ACBRELASE = N
APPLID =AIONADS ACTINQ = Y KEEPACB = N ACBRELASE = N
APPLID =AIONBMP ACTINQ = Y KEEPACB = N ACBRELASE = N
APPLID =AIONCICS ACTINQ = Y KEEPACB = N ACBRELASE = N
APPLID =AIONDEVO ACTINQ = Y KEEPACB = N ACBRELASE = N