When setting up the Service-Now RA agent, clicking on the Create Incident Adapters will throw an "Uncaught exception." Clicking on the details of this Error will show:
com.uc4.be.gui.remote.CITGuiException: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL: <Service-Now URL>/<WSDL file>
Most of the time, this happens when the user and/or password used in the connection object for the RA Service-Now agent are incorrect. To confirm this, follow the steps below:
1) Type the password being used in the Connection object into notepad so it is in clear text
2) Log out of the Service-Now instance being used in the URL within the ServiceNow tab of the agent
3) Navigate the browser to the WSDL file - <Service-Now URL>/<WSDL file>. This will ask for a password
4) Enter the same user name being used in the connection object for the agent. Copy the password from notepad and paste it into the password field within the browser.
5) Click the "Log In" button
If an error occurs, the user name or password are incorrect and need to be corrected both within the browser and within the Automic Connection Object. If an error does not occur proceed with the following:
1) Open the Connection object being used. Be sure that the username is the same.
2) Copy the password from notepad and paste it into the password field within the Connection Object.
3) Save the Connection Object
4) Attempt to create the Incident Adapters
If this still does not work, contact Automic Support.