In CA Asset Portfolio Manager, event notifications are not sent. The event service errors with: Invalid URI: The URI is empty.
Steps to resolve:
1. Open the program files (x86)\CA\ITAM\Event Service\CA.Applications.EventService.exe.config file
2. Locate the line that reads:
<add name="CA IT Process Automation Manager" type="CA.Applications.WorkFlowProviders.ITPAM.ITPAMProvider, CA.Applications.WorkFlowProviders.ITPAM" username="itpamadmin" password="92+MNaWTabm6Xm/itsi2Ux==" webservice="http://itpam/soap" authType="user" ItpamPath="/" keyWords=""/>
3. Correct the value entries for username, password and webservice URL.
Note: To encrypt a password, download the APM Password Encryption Tool from https://support.ca.com/us/product-content/recommended-reading/technical-document-index/ca-asset-portfolio-management-solutions-and-patches.html. The password encryption tool is valid for APM 12.9, 14.1 and 17.0 release levels.
4. Perform an IISRESET on both the APM application and APM web servers.
5. Restart the event service on the APM application server.