Unable to start the Release Automation Data-management server service
Article ID: 8766
CA Release Automation - Release Operations Center (Nolio)
CA Release Automation - DataManagement Server (Nolio)
We are facing an issue where we are unable to start our Data-Management Server Service (DMS) a.k.a Nolio Automation Center (NAC). While trying to start the service we are getting the below error.
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
can't open C:\PROGRA~1\CA\RELEAS~1\jre\lib\tzmappings.
CA Release Automation: 6.4OS Server: Windows Server 2012
During our search we found that there can be possibly two reason resulting in the problem been observed.
- Some sort of corruption to jre, at path pointed in error above.
- Some change in the permission of the user who is running the respective services, in case of AD user there can be possibility of some domain changes.
With above findings we suggest below solution
- Remove the installed RA server service by invoking nolio_server_remove_service.cmd for Windows and nolio_server.sh remove for Linux
- Re-install the RA server servicenolio_server_install_service.cmd for Windows and nolio_server.sh install for Linux
- Configure the appropriate user responsible for running the service in respective environment
- Start the service and it get properly started.