Error Message :
Performance issues seen in Applications Manager is generally caused by the Oracle Database. This can be seen if there are too many Jobs in the backlog, keeping to much historical data, lack of database tuning and maintenance. These types of slowness can seen by running our AMhealth script (request from Support if needed) or by reviewing logs or backlog load.
However, if sever slowness is seen while the previously listed indicators have been reviewed and determined to be not an issue, the issue may be outside Applications Manager. Reviewing what other Applications and/or Users that are connecting to the same Oracle installation can show that they are consuming database resources.
Some symptoms seen during performance degradation include:
- Slowness in Java Web Client log in
- Slowness in Client refresh such as Job updates
- Timeout Errors caused by random Client actions
- Unable to delete Jobs
- Automation Engine refresh timer not resetting
- Awinstall option 1 takes a long time to complete
- Awapi time out
- Remote Agents disconnecting and showing SRVC_DOWN