Error Message :
On the maintenance_debug.log on the folder log, we find the following error at the end of the file:
C:\universe\WBPROD\bin>sc query WBPROD_BB003933_TEMP_IO_X | findstr STOPPED 1>nul
Patch level detected:Dollar Universe 6.0.00
Product Version: Dollar.Universe 6.0.0
Description :The upgrade of a Windows node from v5 to v6 fails at the Step 4, on the precommit operation.
Root Cause: The issue is due to a wrong definition on the path variable, somehow, when we launch the 32bit version of the cmd ( as done during the upgrade), the path is not correctly set ( sc command cannot be found).
In order to verify that, please launch: C:\windows\syswow64\cmd.exe
Then launch:The command should fail, as the binary cannot be found.
You will find the reason after checking the output of: On the values for the path variable, the %systemroot% variable was not correctly resolved to C:\windows as it is expected.
What we can do to workaround the issue is the following:
1. launch c:\windows\syswow64\systempropertiesadvanced.exe
2. go to environment variables and edit the path variable adding at the beginning: C:\windows\system32;
3. save the variable path and close the menu
4. restart dollar universe 6 and 5 to take into account the change
5. launch a rollback via the console uvc
6. perform the upgrade again
7. this time the upgrade will go trough and the node will be correctly upgraded.
Fix Status: Released
Version: Dollar.Universe 6.0.0