Description :Dollar Universe is completely out of service, all engines are down and all jobs aborting.
Cause type: Other Root Cause: Following a system crash/error, the entire OS is freshly re-installed. Dollar Universe is considered in-existing for Windows and should be reconfigured.
OS: Windows OS Version: All supported
As the Dollar Universe directory is installed on another disk drive, its data is not deleted, so a fresh installation with the same configuration is needed with the following procedure:
- Rename the existing Dollar Universe directory: , - Use the Dollar Universe kit to re-install the same Dollar Universe version - Check the windows services list in order to insure that the Dollar Universe services do not exist in the services list. (If needed, execute the "ServRemove.bat " under the exec directory in order to remove the Dollar Universe services)
- Follow the installation procedure in order to install Dollar Universe respecting the following conditions: 1- Use the same path as the old installation, 2- the same Nodename 3- the same port numbers 4- the same Dollar Universe users names
- Once the installation done, copy/paste from the old installation directory to the new one: 1/ the u_fali01.txt file (the license file) 2/ the useralias.txt file (users file) 3/ the uxsrsrv.sck file (mapping nodenames vs hostnames/IP address) 4/ All the *.dta files under the directory to the same directory in the new installation 5/ All the *.dta files under the EXP directory to the same one in the new installation. (Do the same action for APP, INT, SIM if one or more of these 3 areas is/are used) 6/ All the files in the EXP/upr directory to the new one (this will copy all the uproc's internal script). (Do the same for APP, INT, SIM if needed) 7/ the customized variables from the uxsetenv.bat file to the new one 8/ the customized variables from both universe.def and .def files to the new ones 9/ any other *.bat file that was created in the old installation for your production needs
- Now, open a cmd window and execute under the mgr directory: - uxsetenv.bat (set the environment) - ux_vrf_rgz_rst.bat > reorg.log (offline reorganization)
- Check the windows services in order to be sure that the universe_universe and the 3 users services are stopped - Install the last recommended patch FX***** - Restart the 3 users services and the universe_universe service - Restart the company: uxstartup.bat
Now the same Dollar Universe node is installed and up.