In the MSP (Microsoft Project) New Driver, % Complete for a summary task changes to 0% if the child task has a resource assigned and the % Complete is >0 and <100. This issue happens when the project is exported from CA Project & Portfolio Management (PPM)
Steps to Reproduce
1. In MSP, create two tasks and make the first task a summary task to the second task
2. Assign a resource to the child task
3. Update the % Complete of the child task to 50%, which updates the % complete of the summary task to 50% (Issue does not happen if you change the % Complete to 100%)
4. Save the project back to PPM (% Complete is still correct here)
5. Export the project to MSP
Expected Results: Summary task % complete still shows as 50% which matches the child task
Actual Results: Summary task % Complete is 0%
Note: If you save the project back to PPM, the % Complete of the summary task is then 0% there.
This issue is caused by: DE37753
This issue is fixed in CA PPM 15.4 and higher.
The only workaround to keep the summary task % correct is to remove the assignment on the subtask.