I am using Datamaker to access the DB2 Mainframe tables. However, when trying to connect, I am receiving the following error:
[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0471N Invocation of routine "SYSIBM.SQLTABLES" failed due to reason "00F30091". SQLSTATE=55023
DSNL080I !C10V DSNLTDDF DISPLAY DDF REPORT FOLLOWS:
DSNL082I LOCATION LUNAME GENERICLU
DSNL083I C10VPTIB USILDA01.C10VDB2 -NONE
DSNL084I TCPPORT=7400 SECPORT=7402 RESPORT=7401 IPNAME=-NONE
DSNL086I SQL DOMAIN=
DSNL105I CURRENT DDF OPTIONS ARE:
DSNL106I PKGREL = COMMIT
DSNL099I DSNLTDDF DISPLAY DDF REPORT COMPLETE
Here are some common solutions for this error message:
- This error seems to be an issue with DB2 database.
- Please contact your DBA and ask them to verify the required stored procedures are enabled on the DB2 database.
- The required stored procedures are: JAVA Database Connectivity (JDBC) Open Database Connectivity (ODBC).
- Please go through below forums for more information about this error:
- Make sure your DB2 drivers are up to date and correct:
- Cause and Resolution:
- SQLSTATE values and common error codes:
(55023: An error occurred calling a procedure.)
- The error could be related to a problem that was introduced when upgrading.
- It is very likely that your stored procedure SYSIBM.SQLTABLES is not in synch.
- This problem would also occur when running the query from outside Datamaker.
- The next approach is to get your DBA involved to analyze further.
- If your RRS is down, the DBA will need to start this service. Then you will be able to connect to the tables successfully.
- More about RRS is at this link below.
- It could have been an improper DB2 shutdown process that caused the RRS service to be down.
If you experience any further issues, please open a support case by going to https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html.