Affects Release version(s): 5
Error Message :
Dollar Universe jobs fail after modifying permissions on the Dollar Universe installation directories, despite all engines being up.
Even after restoring the permissions on the installation directories, jobs continue to abort.
Additionally, File Resources may not be detected as processes uxsur and uxord are not started as root as expected.
Cause type: Configuration
Root Cause: Restoring the permissions of the installation directories to their previous state is not sufficient as changes have occurred to the submission user accounts.
OS: All Unix
OS Version: All
Restore user rights using the following procedure:
- Log into the server as root
- Load your company's environment
- Stop Dollar Universe
- Verify that all process are stopped
- Run the ux_dus_rights procedure:
$UXMGR/ux_dus_rights.sh userowner_of_the_node group_of_the_owner_of_the_node LOW
Example : $UXMGR/ux_dus_rights.sh univa univ HIGH
The following is extracted from the ux_dus_rights_help_en.txt.
The input parameters are:
ux_dus_rights.sh <company administrator user name> <company user group name> <security level>
* The <company administrator user name> is the account who administrates
the Dollar Universe company.
* The <company user group name> is the unix group which contains all the Dollar Universe
users : if a user do not belong to this groupe he won't have the possibility to work
with Dollar Universe.
* <security level> must be set to LOW or HIGH:
- LOW corresponds to a low security level, Dollar Universe files would be accessible in read and/or in execution by any user ("world").
- HIGH corresponds to a high security level, Dollar Universe files would only be accessible to users
- Restart Dollar Universe