After successfully installing an External Connector Server it is failing to register via the External Tools User Interface (UI) on the CA Identity Suite Virtual Appliance (vAPP). The log file "/opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/logs/ca_vapp_main.log" records the following error message.
RegisterExternalConnectorServer Message: :ETA_E_0299<BGU>, Bind to provisioning server as 'vapp-service' failed: Password has expired
To resolve this issue please follow these steps:
1) Log into Provisioning Manager as etaadmin.
2) Search for the user "vapp-service"
3) Open the users properties and click on the Password Tab.
4) On the Password tab please check off "Disable periodic password expiration"
5) Reattempt to register the Connector Server from the External Tools Virtual Appliance UI.