CA PPM Database refresh from Production to lower instance causes the Data Source in Advance Reporting to Error out.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Refresh PPM & DWH production data to lower environment
2. Start the PPM services
3. Run the Jobs like "Create Jaspersoft user"
4. Navigate to Advance Reporting --> Data source --> Edit PPM BEAN or PPM DWH BEAN --> Click on Test Connection
Expected Result: The connection should succeed
Actual Result: Connection Failed with errors in below screen shot
<Please see attached file for image>
This is a known bug DE34609 Resolved in 15.3
This happens only when you have JDBC URL length is more than 200 characters the profile attribute under jasperadmin doesn't gets updated and holds the earlier value of source database instance and doesn't match with the refreshed server.
You will also see Errors in Jaspersoft server log
May 08, 2017 10:50:41 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 72660 ms
May 09, 2017 11:10:50 AM org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool init
SEVERE: Unable to create initial connections of pool.
java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Error: NL Exception was generated
1. Login to PPM and Navigate to Advance Reporting
2. Under Advance Reporting navigate to users and search for Jasperadmin
3. Edit the User Jasperadmin and click on attributes tab.
4. Delete all the attributes
5. Login to PPM Server and under bin folder execute the command " admin update jasperParameters"
6. Log out of PPM and Edit the data source to test and it should be working