Getting error "Tomcat connector in failed state" When Starting Enterprise Dashboard on Linux.
A hung process or a lock on the service from being started previously and never shutdown properly.
Reported with DevTest 9.1.0 but could apply to all DevTest versions on Linux.
1. Execute the following command to see if an EnterpriseDashboardService is already running by doing this command:
ps -aef | grep java
2. If a EnterpriseDashboardService service is shown as running, then do this command from your DEVTEST_HOME/bin folder:
3. If it shows as stopped, this probably is a hung process, so do a kill <pid>.
4. If a Service is not shown then go to the /tmp or /temp folder for the Linux machine.
5. Look to see if there is an i4jdaemon file that has EnterpriseDashboardService in the name like for example:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5 Oct 23 07:38 i4jdaemon__opt_ca_lisa_DevTest_bin_EnterpriseDashboardService
6. Delete the file from this folder, you will need to be root to do this.
Should now be able to start the Enterprise Dashboard service properly.