VmWare probe does not display vCenter in UMP
Article ID: 7702
DX Unified Infrastructure Management (Nimsoft / UIM)
- Devices discovered by a VMWare probe attached to a secondary HUB are not appearing on the UMP.
- There are no errors in the probe logs.
- Dr Nimbus does not see any probe_discovery messages from the probe on the primary HUB.
Release: CNMSPP99000-8.47-Unified Infrastructure Mgmt-Server Pack-- On Prem
- Devices discovered by the vmware probe will only be displayed when the probe_discovery messages from the probe are received by the discovery server running on the primary hub.
- As the probe_discovery messages are not received, the discovery server cannot add the devices into the database.
- The probe_discovery messages are not reaching the primary hub because no queue has been setup to transfer the messages from the secondary hub to the primary hub
Follow the instructions here to create the required queues to allow the discovery messages to flow from the secondary hub to the primary hub.