As followed the steps as mentioned in the documentation notes:
Navigate to Start, All Programs, CA, Unified Self-Service,
> Change Unified Self-Service Installation and select Uninstall Product.
The program ends in an error: "WINDOWS ERROR 2 OCCURRED WHILE LOADING THE JAVA VM"
And the uninstaller does not even start.
The Java Version I am using is : jre1.8.0_131
It appears that the java version should be a 'java 1.7' version (not 1.8).
As according to:
Uninstall Unified Self-Service, if you no longer need it.
Before uninstalling, ensure that you install JRE 1.7.51 'or later' and set JAVA_HOME to the JRE 1.7 path.
You need to ignore the 'or later' part of this.
AND also seen in/taken from:
Note: <Drive>:\Program Files\CA\Unified Self-Service_installation\jre7\bin\java.exe should be Java 1.7 version, the one that CA SM 14.1 installer installs.
The following is a workaround. To get the UNinstall working and running.
After using Java 1.7 version the uninstaller runs. The steps to accomplish this:
1. Download JAVA 1.7
2. Create environmental variable: JAVA_HOME, pointing to the java 1.7 install-folder.
3. Add %JAVA_HOME%\bin; to environmental variable PATH.
4. Run UNinstaller compatibility mode on.
5. Delete Folder 'Unified Self Service'.
6. Delete environmental variable JAVA_HOME.
7. Remove %JAVA_HOME%\bin; from environmental variable PATH.
8. Delete USS_mdb database manually.