DevTest integration with Agile Central
Article ID: 76483
CA Application Test
CA Continuous Application Insight (PathFinder)
Why use Agile Central with DevTest?
- Provides end-to-end workflow and status updates from planning, execution and test.
- Automatically sync test run results by build number from DevTest Portal to Agile Central.
- Pass/Fail status, link to test results report and tester name synchronized to Agile Central.
- Test Results now contained with Test Cases which are link to User Stores and Features.
All supported DevTest versions and environments.
Create Agile Central API Key
Note: Ensure the project with the test is the default project for your profile.
Set the API Key Property
- Navigate to the DevTest installation directory.
- Open the site.properties file.
- Locate the line with the following property: rally.api.key=
- Uncomment the line and enter the API key you created after the "=" sign.
- Save the file and start DevTest.
Add the CA Agile Central Report Generator
- The CA Agile Central report generator publishes DevTest test results to the CA Agile Central server.
- You must add the CA Agile Central Report Generator to your staging document.
- The staging document must contain at least one other report generator type, such as Default Report Generator.
- NOTE: Do not replace the Default Report Generator with the CA Agile Central Report Generator
- In DevTest Workstation, click on a Staging Document and then the Report tab.
- Click the “+” sign to add a new Report Generator, then change the Report Generator Type to “CA Agile Central Report Generator”.
- In the Parameters section of the report generator, after “Build Number Launch State Key”, enter “BUILD_NUM” to identify the test case.
- The property BUILD_NUM can now be used in search from the reporting portal so you have a consistent naming convention in both DevTest and Agile Central.
Create Test Case in CA Agile Central
- In Agile Central, Click on “Quality”, then select “Test Cases”
- Click on “Actions”, then select “New Test Case”
- Enter a name for the test case and any other required information. NOTE: The name of the test case in DevTest must match the name of the test case in CA Agile Central.
- Set the “Method” field to “Automated”
- Click on the test case you just created
- Copy the number at the end of the URL string for later use. That is the <TEST_CASE_ID>.
- – https://rally1.rallydev.com/#/43892440438d/detail/testcase/198449798264
- NOTE: The Test Case ID is assumed to be the prefix of the DevTest test name delimited by "-“, “_”, or “ “ (for example, TC46540-UpdateRallyToPassed)
- Use Agile Central to manage the test cases. The test cases show the build number and whether the tests passed or failed.
Create a Test Case in DevTest
- Create a new test case in DevTest Workstation. NOTE: The name of the test case in DevTest must match the name of the test case in CA Agile Central (example: TC46540-UpdateRallyToPassed)
- The test case requires the following fields:
- REST call
- Test Case Name
- Test Case ID
- Build Number
- Pass/Fail Verdict
- CA Agile Central API Key
- For Defect also: Name, State, Description
Run the Test
- In DevTest Portal, select a test case and click “Run” (if using config file in Workstation)
- Otherwise, to specify a build number at runtime, select ”Run with Options”
- Click “Additional Properties” and add a new property called “BUILD_NUM” Set the value to the build number you are running the test against
View Test Case Results
- View test cases status and results in DevTest Portal
- View test case status and report in Agile Central
- If the test fails in our example, a Defect will be created automatically and attached to the test case (or user story or task)