I am trying to use Test Data on Demand (TDoD) to expose the data pools I have created in Datamaker. When trying to start the TDoD service, I am seeing the following error messages in the log files:
2017-08-02 09:38:29,411  FATAL GTWCFHost.GTWCFHost - Exception occurred while opening service host connection
2017-08-02 09:38:29,448  FATAL GTWCFHost.GTWCFHost - Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
2017-08-02 09:38:29,448  FATAL GTWCFHost.GTWCFHost - Inner Exception: The type initializer for 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleClientFactory' threw an exception.
This is the error I am seeing in the TDoD Config Editor:
Unable to start TDoD Service in specified interval. Please check service logs for any error
Here are common causes for this error message:
Here are common resolutions for this error message:
1. Make sure there is only a single version of ODP.NET on the machine.
2. Also, you might need to modify the machine.config file located at C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config\ to reflect the latest ODAC version that exists on the system.
- For example, update the version numbers on the lines similar to:
<add name="Oracle Data Provider for .NET" invariant="Oracle.DataAccess.Client" description="Oracle Data Provider for .NET" type="Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleClientFactory, Oracle.DataAccess, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342" />
3. Uninstall your existing ODP.NET installation in case it is corrupted. Then install a new version.
4. If the 64-bit ODP.NET file was missing, you will need to add this, and then you will be able to start the TDoD service.
If you experience any further issues, please open a support case by going to https://support.broadcom.com