1. Place the required jar files listed below in the $DEVTEST_HOME/lib folder:
TIBCO EMS Messaging or TIBCO Direct JMS (https://docops.ca.com/devtest-solutions/10-1/en/administering/general-administration/third-party-file-requirements#Third-PartyFileRequirements-TIBCOFileRequirements):
2. Start or restart DevTest Workstation.
3. Under the Configs folder, open the project.config file.
4. Select the plus icon at the bottom right of your screen, to add a new asset.
5. Select TIBCO, JMS Connection Factory, Direct JMS Connection Factory for TIBCO EMS.
6. Add the necessary properties:
Name: JMS Connection Factory
The Server URL - example: ssl://188.8.131.52:7243
Select the plus icon, and select Basic.
Add Default User Name and Default Password. Provide the proper values.
Select Open Editor. A new window should open.
Select the plus icon and add the following properties:
SSL, Security Protocol - select the SSL option.
SSL, SSL Trusted Certificates - the server pem file from the server side needs to be provided to you. Add the path to the pem file in this field.
If your server is configured for 2-way SSL authentication - client-side authentication, add the 2 following properties:
SSL, SSL Identity - provide the path to the p12 file the client needs to authenticate with the server.
SSL, SSL password - provide the password for the p12 file provided.
Under the Connection Factory window, you can select the green arrow in the top right side to test this asset. At this point, the SSL handshake is not happening.
Select OK to close the window.
7. Select the plus icon again to add a new asset.
8. Select JMS, JMS Connection, JMS Connection.
9. Provide the required information:
Name: JMS Connection
JMS Connection Factory: it needs to use the Connection Factory we created under steps 5 and 6.
User Name and Password values for your environment.
Under the JMS Connection window, select the green arrow in the top right side to test this asset. At this point, the SSL handshake will be performed.
If you are having SSL issues, you can enable HTTP/SSL Debug under the Help main menu in DevTest Workstation.
More information regarding the HTTP and SSL Debug Viewer can be found in the link below:
10. Select the plus icon to add a new asset.
11. Select JMS, JMS Session, JMS Session.
11. Provide the required information:
Name: JMS Session
Connection: It needs to be JMS Connection we configured under steps 8 and 9.
Leave the default properties for the other settings.
Under the JMS Session window, select the green arrow in the top right side to test this asset.
12. Select the plus icon to add a new asset.
13. Select JMS, JMS Destination, JMS Queue or JMS Topic.
Provide the required information:
Name: the queue or topic name.
Queue Name: the queue or topic name you are going to publish or subscribe messages.
JMS Session: it needs to be the JMS session we configured under steps 10 and 11.
Under the JMS Queue window, select the green arrow in the top right side to test this asset.
If you need to add more queues or topics, repeat steps 12 and 13.