How to download a certificate from browser
Article ID: 75085
CA Application Test
CA Continuous Application Insight (PathFinder)
CA Service Virtualization (DevTest / LISA / VSE / Application Test)
Customer have a test scenario where they need to download a certificate from a browser. how to achieved this using a DevTest test case?
Passing a URL in browser , and providing the authorization will download a certificate on the browser. Customer is trying to achieve the same behavior in DevTest
All supported DevTest Environments
You can achieve this functionality using a REST Step.
Steps to follow:
- Add a REST Step
- Enter the URL in the URL field : https://...
- Method: POST
- Populate the User:/Password field with Authorization details.
- If you have any headers / content types you can enter those in the respective tabs.
- Execute the call using the green arrow ( top Right) in the Step.
- The Response will contain an attachment. View the Response headers and you will see Content-Type:application/attachment and the file name (like mycompanycertfile.cert).
- Add a filter to this Step to Save the "Step Response" as a .cert file.
- Run the test in the ITR and see that the file was created.