After having upgraded to PPM 15.x, when we try to preview an existing report or query in Jaspersoft Studio, an error message is displayed indicating an error like below
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error executing SQL statement for:
This problem in previewing occurs regardless of the report or query we choose, though testing our connection to the database reveals a successful connection is made. Advanced Reporting itself works fine and we can use/edit reports as normal, but the problem is in previewing reports via Jaspersoft Studio.
This typically can occur after an upgrade to PPM 15.x if you haven't upgraded your Jaspersoft Studio client to use the new CA JDBC Adapters and/or version of the client corresponding to your Jaspersoft server version.
CA PPM 15.x versions
1) Download the Jaspersoft Studio 6.4.2 with the CA JDBC Adapter ISO according to your CA PPM version from here CA PPM Advanced Reporting and Database Schema Index
2) Uninstall Jaspersoft Studio 6.2.1 client if present on the machine
3) Unpackage and install the Jaspersoft Studio 6.4.2 client
4) Be sure to use the 6.4.2 CA JDBC adapters, along with the corresponding database driver for your database version (for example, Oracle 12.2 driver). Both are provided in the ISO file
5) Instructions regarding the installation and setting up of the connection can be found in the documentation for your release and platform version
Please note, in the Database JDBC connection window, if using Oracle 12.2 driver the older JDBC drivers (ojdbc6-184.108.40.206.jar) can be deleted.
Documentation on installing Jaspersoft Studio and configuring the CA JDBC Adapters can be found below