You can prevent tasks from being changed in a subproject during publishing of a schedule by making the subproject read only in the master project:
1. From the Master Project, select the 'Properties' drop down then 'Subprojects'
2. Check the check box next to the subproject and then click the 'Set Read-Only' button
To prevent a subproject's tasks from changing in
a tentative schedule is to lock the tasks by one of the below methods:
Note: The below would then prevent these tasks from being autoscheduled in any situationOption 1: Check the 'Exclude from Autoscheduling' checkbox on the task
1. Navigate to the subproject
2. Click on the task
3. Click the 'Exclude from Autoscheduling' checkboxOption 2: Check the lock tasks check box
This can be done from the Task list or Gantt List views. Below are the steps on how to do this from the Gantt which is also referenced at Automatically Create Project Schedules with Autoschedule - Lock Tasks
- Open a project and click the Tasks tab
- Click 'Open in Scheduler' then 'Gantt'
- In the Gantt View, click Options then Configure
- Configure the page to add the Locked field to the list
- For each task, set the Locked value to Yes