The DE has "Maximum agent heartbeat ping wait time (milliseconds)" settings. The settings defines the timeout for DE when pinging the agent. If the agent does not respond back within this time period, the manager will mark the agent as Inactive.
The default value is 1000 milliseconds (1 second).
This setting can be increased, however, it is highly recommend to not change this unless there are network issues. You may increase to 2000-3000 milliseconds (2-3 seconds). If agents are taking more than 2-3 seconds to respond back then that indicates significant network latency. This will require Network Administrator to investigate the latency.
Note: The DE ping to agent is not a regular ICMP ping. This is a special call made by manager to the agent.
1. Connect to the server as an administrator using CA WA Desktop Client.
2. Open the Admin perspective.
3. Right-click Topology in the Admin view, and select Open from the pop-up menu.
The Topology view opens.
4. Right-click the server connection in the Topology view, and select Configure Shared Parameters from the pop-up menu.
The Server Shared Parameters view opens.
5. Click the Internal tab
The Internal view opens.
6. Modify the following field in the Internal tab:
Maximum agent heartbeat ping wait time (milliseconds)
Default: 1000 (milliseconds)
7. Click Save at the top right corner of the Topology view.
<Please see attached file for image>