W3SV1105 URL INCORRECTLY FORMATTED, /favicon.ico
appears when attempting to start up Mainframe Team Center for Netmaster (MTC-NM).
NTC-NM was new functionality added to Netmaster with fixes RO87683 and two prereques.
There is extensive HOLDDATA involved in the initial setup, and it is easy to miss different pieces or parts.
This specific error is related to missing information in the NMINIT member in the TESTEXEC.
Netmaster Network Management for TCP/IP 12.1Netmaster File Transfer Management 12.1
The section of the HOLDDDATA in fix RO87683 titled To configure NMI in NetMaster describes in detail what is needed to make the HFS code available to the MTC-NM.
This is a more concise explanation to correct the specific error that is occurring.
1. Verify the name of the HFS that you are using on this LPAR for the Netmaster region.
If you copied it over from the SMP environment, be sure to use the correct name for your local environment.
The HFS was created by updating and running job C2DSEDIT distributed in the CC2DSAMP library.
The default HFS name created is /cai/CASoftware
The resulting SMP/E target would then be '/cai/CASoftware/CC2DHFS/DL76/nmInterface'.
Your name may be different or much longer, but the last 3 segments will match what is shown in the above line.
2. Verify what TESTEXEC member you are using during region initialization.
- If you are not sure, issue CMD from the command line in Netmaster to access the Command Entry screen.
- Issue SH PARMS
- you will see something like this: PRI=NETMST,NMDID=NM01,XM=BEST,INIT=NMINIT,READY=NMREADY,SSID=NMSS,DSNQLCL=CAI.NETM,......
Use this value in step 4. The default value for INIT is NMINIT.
3. Still in the Netmaster region, issue =/DATASET
4. On the command line issue LOC and on the Member Name field use the value from INIT (usually NMINIT)
5. On the resulting screen find the first data set where that member is located:
,B/S=Browse E=Edit D=Delete M=MemList P=Print R=Ren
VV.MM Created Changed ID DatasetName
01.07 17-FEB-2014 13-JUL-2015 00:41 USER03 CAI.NETM.TESTEXEC
Not Found CAI.NETM.NMC1.CC11EXEC
6. Select that line with E to edit.
7. Using the HFS name from step 1, add the following line to the member.
HFS SET ROOT=/cai/CASoftware/CC2DHFS/DL76/nmInterface
We advise adding this as the last uncommented line in the member to prevent causing problems
due to the &CONTROL statement.
8. Use PF3 (File) to save and exit the member.
9. Cycle your Netmaster region to validate the changes.
10. Go to /PARMS WEBCENTER to get the URL.
11. Plug it into your browser and verify that it works.
If you are still experiencing problems after following these steps, please contact support.
If you have a long HFS name that does not fit on one line (pos 72 is the maximum), you can define the name in two lines as shown:
&root1 = &str /root/part/ofAVeryLongPath
&root2 = &str remaining/part/ofYourPath/nmInterface
HFS SET ROOT=&root1/&root2
Please ensure that all fixes related to MTC-NM are applied.
At the time of this writing (July 2017), these include
PTF FMID Description
RO86570 CC2D760 NETWORK MANAGEMENT INTERFACE SUPPORT
RO87296 CC2D760 DISTRIBUTE JCL SAMPLES TO CREATE ZFS FILESYSTEM
RO87683 CC2D760 INSTALL NETWORK MANAGEMENT INTERFACE INTO USS
RO89048 CC11C10 'S' IS MISSING FROM THE URL WHEN USING AT-TLS SECURED MET
RO89049 CC2D760 'S' IS MISSING FROM THE URL WHEN USING AT-TLS SECURED MET
RO89584 CC2D760 ALLOW NMI TO BE STARTED WITH WEBCENTER DISABLED
RO90885 CC2D760 NETMASTER UI REBRANDING
RO91459 CC2D760 MTC-NM - PLUS SIGNS ARE CONVERTED TO SPACES
RO91841 CC2D760 FEATURES FOR THE SEPT 2016 INCREMENTAL RELEASE OF MTC-NM
RO91928 CC2D760 SUPPORT MTC-NM TRACE DOWNLOAD ACTION
RO92088 CC2D760 NEW TRACKING MECHANISM FOR NETMASTER WEB INTERFACES
RO92123 CC11C10 VIEWING ACTIVE OR EXPIRED TRACES
RO92124 CC2D760 VIEWING ACTIVE OR EXPIRED TRACES
RO92459 CC2D760 FEATURES FOR THE OCTOBER 2016 INCREMENTAL RELEASE OF MTC-NM
Please check our website for any additional fixes.