Secondary (remote) hub's baseline_engine QOS MESSAGE queue appears yellow and is backing up.
One of our secondary hubs has a queue that is backing up and not draining. As per the hub Status Tab window, its baseline_engine queue baseline_engine.QOS_MESSAGE turns yellow and doesn't send any messages.
The problem may have been caused by manual configuration during the initial hub install.
- emptying queue makes no difference
- recheck of queue does nothing
- baseline_engine probe security is set properly (admin *)
baseline_engine log entry:
[ Thread-5] INFO queuemessengerimpl.QueueReaderImpl - Queue baseline_engine.BASELINE_CONFIG is active
- UIM v20.x
- baseline_engine 20.x
- prediction_engine 20.x
- hub 9x
- robot_update 9.x
1. Deactivate the baseline_engine probe on the remote hub
2. Delete both baseline_engine queues (baseline_engine.QOS_MESSAGE and baseline_engine.BASELINE_CONFIG) via the hub GUI Queues Tab window and click Apply
3. Activate baseline_engine (Note that the baseline_engine.BASELINE_CONFIG is created automatically and does not need to be created/recreated manually). Check to be sure its created via the hub Status Tab window.
4. Choose any robot under the remote hub with the issue
5. Login to Admin Console, and go to the robot you chose in 4. Select the Probes tab, and Configure any of them. Like for instance cdm probe or processes probe, or any other you prefer. For instance, I will select cdm probe for this example.
6. In the probe configuration, select a monitor, and on right panel check the "Compute Baseline" check box. Then click the Save button.
7. After a few minutes you should see the baseline_engine.QOS_MESSAGE queue show up in the hub Queues and Status Tab windows. The queues should be green and successfully processing messages.
Note that the 'bulk_size' for both queues should show their bulk_size as 1000 (this is their default out of the box bulk_size setting).
If the bulk_size was not 1000 to begin with, then someone most likely manually created these queues and they will not work as expected. They should also show an 'Id' and populate the information in the 'Established' column.