Improve CA XCOM Windows transfer performance
Article ID: 73189
XCOM Data Transport
XCOM Data Transport - Windows
XCOM Data Transport - Linux PC
XCOM Data Transport - z/OS
The transfer rate is based on SNA or TCP/IP and the underlying network. Adequate resources are essential for good performance.
XCOM r11.6 for Windows Family
Here are a few suggestions that may help in improving performance:
- Most important - enable record packing. carriage_flag=xpack
- transfer big blocks of data
- for SNA- tune the response unit (RUSIZE) and pacing count
- disable tracing
- disable checkpointing (ckpt=0) or raise the checkpoint interval to the maximum
- If you use compression, test different compression methods to see what works best with your data. In many cases, compression is not needed or even recommended.
- Raise the STAT_FREQUENCY parameter in xcom.glb
- Lower the EXPIRATION_TIME
- Raise the Maximum Clients Value if appropriate.
- Configure the xcom.ses file to send simultaneous transfers. If you do not set a value here, transfers will go one by one.