Here's a high level overview of how user_name, user_uid (referred to as User UID below) of cmn_sec_users and User ID of Jaspersoft are related, and managed:
- For each CA PPM PPM user, User UID will be computed based on User Name
- User UID will get generated only once and is not modified in entire Life cycle of an User.
- User UID will only have Alpha-Numeric and _. Any special character in User Name other than Alpha-Number will be replaced by _.
- In case of User Name change in PPM, User UID will remain same as original generated value.
- In case of User UID conflicts, a unique User UID will be generated by appending timestamp.
- Jaspersoft User sync is based on User UUID.
- For User Sync, CA PPM Integration with Jaspersoft is based on User UID (Rather than User Name).
- This is to adhere to Jaspersoft rules. In Jaspersoft User ID (Equivalent to User Name in PPM) is not modifiable after creation.