lease follow the following steps to configure the tool on a MOM or standalone EM:
- The attached file Agent_Based_License_Checker_Tool.zip contains 2 files: com.wily.swat.supportability.licensing_9.1.0.jar & supportability.licensing.properties
- Add the extension jar to the ‘<EM Install Directory>/product/enterprisemanager/plugins' directory: com.wily.swat.supportability.licensing_9.1.0.jar
- Add the configuration file to the '<EM Install Directory>/config' directory: supportability.licensing.properties
- Restart the MOM/EM
The tool provides two different counts, for Java Agents and .NET agents. It produces a licenseable count for each group under the node:
SuperDomain*|Custom Metric Host (Virtual)|Custom Metric Process (Virtual)|Custom Metric Agent (Virtual)|Enterprise Manager|Licensing
The configuration of the Java Agents is:
- Count agents that have the metric "Java Version"
- Discard those that have any "EPA" metrics
- Discard those that have "JMX" or "EPA" in the full agent process name.
The configuration of the .NET agent is:
- Count agents that have the metric ".NET Version"
- Discard those that have "Perfmon" metrics (this will wrongly remove older .NET agents that have a perfmon folder). NOTE: this option is currently disabled – see comments in file supportability.licensing.properties
- Discard those that have "Perfmon" in the full agent process Name.
Example shown below with 1 .NET Agent, 1 standalone Web Server Java Agent and 3 Java Agents:
Licenseable Count for .NET Agent shows a value of 1 for the 1 .NET Agent:
Licenseable Count for Java Agent shows a value 4 for the 1 Web Server Agent + 3 Java Agents: