The following is an explanation as to where SANM policies are created and stored in a DSS env:
Policies are getting saved to landscapes with which AlarmNotifier applications are associated.
The following scenarios help explain this:
- When Policy_Landscape is empty:
- All three AlarmNotifier applications are running and points to MLS only. And we are allowed to create policies on MLS only.
- If we are decommissioning any of the SpectroServers except MLS then policies wouldn’t be lost, since all are saved to MLS only.
- When Policy_Landscape is set to respective landscape in .alarmrc :
- All three AlarmNotifier applications are running and each is attached to it’s respective landscape.
- For example, when the “POLICY_LANDSCAPE=<respective landscape>” then we could see that, each application is pointing to it’s own landscape.
- When we create policy on any of these landscapes then it is saved to that particular landscape.
- In this case, if we decommission any of the SS ,then the policy which is saved on that SS is also deleted.
- When SS2 is decommissioned, p3(saved to SS2) got deleted.
- When Policy_Landscape is set to single landscape:
- All three AlarmNotifier applications points to single landscape.
- For example When the “POLICY_LANDSCAPE =SS2”, then we could see all applications are pointing to SS2 and also all policies are saved to SS2.
- If we decommission SS1 none of the policies are lost.
- If we decommission SS2 all policies would be deleted since it is saved to SS2.