After enabling the "VMware Management" option in the UIM Configuration of OneClick Administration page, only the vCenter host is modeled in UIM Manager --> Virtualization --> VMware folder. VMs and other items are missing (from vmware probe).
Hosting vCenters on virtual machines that are being monitored by a vmware probe can cause self/cross-hosting issues.
CA Spectrum 10.1.1, 10.2.x or 10.3 and CA UIM 8.51
Solution: Set prevent_vcenter_correlation raw configure option as true in the vmware probe.
1. Make sure you are running the new vmware 6.60 probe
2. Using Raw Configure, add the following to the <setup> section of the vmware probe config:
prevent_vcenter_correlation = true
3. Deactivate the vmware probe. (Right-click on the vmware probe and choose Deactivate)
4. Use the discovery_server callback "remove_master_devices_by_cskeys" to delete the affected machines from discovery (or possibly clear it all out) . You can find the cskey from cm_computer_system table. Consult KB000033702 for further information.
5. Activate the vmware probe. (Right-click on the vmware probe and choose Activate)
6. Deactivate and activate the discovery_server probe to rush a new discovery task, otherwise the discovery task will be launched in the evening. The discovery_server will take time to populate the data into the CA UIM database. You can monitor the probeDiscovery queue to see whether the discovery task has finished.