We have configured a process that generates data and then utilizes Javelin to call JMeter to provision data into Guidewire.
The following tasks were completed:
1. Javelin was upgraded to the latest GA.
2. Previous flow was upgraded and saved to new version.
3. Workflow was uploaded to Portal.
4. Created a dummy data pool.
5. In Data Maker -> Maintain action -> Create post publish action = Javelin.
6. Select Table = data pool registered table.
7. Checkbox sync.
8. Expose dummy data pool to the ARD flow.
I believe there are two issues present:
1. Portal's ability to call Javelin.
2. Javelin's ability to handle InvokeProcessActivity.
In the log files we see the following:
- Executing Step: InvokeProcessActivity
- Error executing InvokeProcessActivity: The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
- ExecutableName: "jmeter"
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a Javelin flow with only one block that writes some data to a local CSV file and register it in Datamaker.
2. Make sure that the flow works in Javelin.
3. Create a data pool that publishes some dummy data and use the Javelin flow created above as "Post-publish Action".
4. Publish the data pool created in step 3.
- Expected results: The Javelin flow should be called and the CSV file is created.
- Actual results: The CSV file is not created. The Javelin flow is executed according to log file.
To try and resolve this issue ourselves, we tried the follow:
1. Updated application.properties to point to: javelin.install.folder=C:/Program Files (x86)/CA/AgileDesignerAutomator/
2. Removed the “Success Required” checkbox in Datamaker.
3. Increased “Time to Wait” to 90s in Datamaker.
4. Uploaded “Javelin Issue” workflow to Portal
- Javelin appears to be invoked by the Portal now, but the issue of creating the CSV file exists.
- We are still getting an error regarding the incorrect OS in the InvokeProcessActivity.
Release : 4.1
CA Test Data Manager (TDM)- Javelin
1. The issue regarding the Portal initiate Javelin flows started occurring after the upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1.
2. The second issue regarding the JMeter invoke process started occurring after upgrading from Javelin 1.5 to ADA 2.0.
If you experience any further issues, please open a support case by going to https://casupport.broadcom.com/user/.