CA Asset Portfolio Management 14.1 install error: CLR20r3 error after launching the setup.exe
CA Asset Portfolio Management 14.1, GA release install
We recommend a reinstall of the APM 14.1 application. Here are the recommended steps to perform a reinstall of APM 14.1:
1. On the APM server, stop all CA Asset Portfolio Management services, if they exist. Note: they may not exist, depending on the point of earlier failure.
Also stop any Apache Tomcat 'AMS' services if they exist and are running.
2. Close out any browsers where APM is running or has been launched. Close out any APM 14.1 install media.
3. Using control panel, navigate to programs/programs and features and uninstall the CA Asset Portfolio Management product.
(Repeat for all APM servers, if APM was installed across multiple servers.)
4. Launch Internet Information Systems (IIS) on the APM web server. Check if there is an 'APMWebSite' node. If it exists, then remove/delete it.
5. In the registry, locate the registry key = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer, DisableMSI
If there is no DisableMSI entry at this location, then add it. Set it to DWORD = 0
6. In SQL server management studio, perform these steps:
a. backup the mdb
b. delete * from al_cdb_componentinstallstate (clear this table of entries)
c. Remove ALL entries from the al_cdb_configurationparameters table EXCEPT the componentkey = 'itsm' entries.
(Use whatever SQL you like to perform this step).
Note: The entries where componentkey = 'itsm' are needed for Service Desk and Service Catalog.
d. For the mdb, change the compatibility level = SQL Server 2008 (not 2005 or 2012).
This will not effect your Service Desk or Service Catalog systems as they are also compatible with SQL Server 2008.
This change goes into effect immediately and no SQL Server service restart is necessary.
7. Reboot the APM server.
8. Stop ALL activity against the mdb - ie, temporarily stop Service Desk and Service Catalog services and imports during the APM 14.1 install.
When the APM 14.1 installation gets past the step where it installs the database, then you can start SD and SC services again.
9. Temporarily disable any anti-virus programs.
Alternatively, create the \Program files (x86)\CA\ITAM directory and create an exception to this directory in your anti-virus program.
10. Run the install again and run the setup.exe 'as administrator'.
11. When the install completes, reboot the APM server before attempting a login.