ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
What TASK CODE is executed in CV to process DML issued by external programs such as Batch or CICS?
Article ID: 69822
IDMS - Database
IDMS - ADS
What TASK CODE is executed in CV to process DML issued by external (ERUS) programs such as Batch or CICS? RHDCNP3S?
Release: IDADSO00100-18.5-ADS-for CA-IDMS
DC/UCF identifies the corresponding task for an external request unit using the following search strategy:
- It searches the TASK table for a task code that is specific to the front-end application:
- For batch applications, the name of the main program of the job step is used as the task code. For example, IDMSDMLC is used as the task code when running a COBOL precompile step.
- For CICS applications, the task codes are defined as follows:
- For IDMSINTC users, the CICS transaction code is used as the task code.
- For IDMSINTL users, the Program Name specified in the Subschema Control block (SSC) is used as the task code.
- For DC/UCF applications, the DC/UCF front-end task code is used as the back-end task code.
- If no matching task code was found in step 1, it searches the TASK table for a task code corresponding to the front end system ID, which may be one of the following:
- BATCBULK—for batch applications
- xxxxBULK—for CICS applications, where xxxx is system-name in the TPNAME parameter of the IDMSINTC macro
- DCXXBULK—for DC/UCF applications
- If still no match is found, it uses task code RHDCNP3S.