Steps to Activate CA 1 PTF RO61639 Health Checks Dynamically (without doing an IPL).
If the CA 1 Healthchecks are active over a long period of time (many weeks), S906-08 abends may be encountered. This occurs after 32767 program loads for TMSSVC.
- Supported z/OS Level- CA Common Services r14.1- CA 1 Tape Management r12.6
After the PTF has been applied and an LLA refresh has been done to make sure the new modules are in the linklist, do the following:
1. Display the task name for the currently running CA 1 Health Checks
F CAHC,DISPLAY TASK
2. Under the column titled "Description" find CA_1, then looking to the left find its name under the column titled "Task".
3. Delete the CA 1 Health Check task
F CAHC,DELETE OWNER***
4. Run TMSINIT to reinitialize CA 1. This will reload the CA 1 Health Checks from linklist.