We are attempting to upgrade our Identity Portal from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2. We follow some of the steps in the 12.6.8 upgrade guide to 'migrate' the database over to 1.6.2. This worked in my Dev environment. When I attempted the same process in my QA environment, it failed spectacularly. The sigma.war file fails to deploy. I've tried several different variations with the environment, with no success. As far as I know, the big difference between our Dev and QA systems is that our QA is set up with High Availability (unicast, not multicast).
The error in the logs when trying to deploy the Ear file is:
17:06:10,095 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 3) [SIGMA APPENDER - FROM WEB] 2017-05-05 17:06:10,095 - WARN org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper - SQL Error: 544, SQLState: S0001
17:06:10,095 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 3) [SIGMA APPENDER - FROM WEB] 2017-05-05 17:06:10,095 - ERROR org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper - Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'Configuration' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF.
17:06:10,095 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 3) [SIGMA APPENDER - FROM WEB] 2017-05-05 17:06:10,095 - INFO org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.batch.internal.AbstractBatchImpl - HHH000010: On release of batch it still contained JDBC statements
17:06:10,095 WARN [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 3) ARJUNA012125: TwoPhaseCoordinator.beforeCompletion - failed for SynchronizationImple< 0:ffff0a29fc5a:53e1e0b7:590d1343:15, org.hibernate.resource.transaction[email protected]76d4f569 >: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not execute statement
Improper settings in the "classpath:sigma-persistence-mssql.xml"
Release: CAIDMB99000-12.6.8-Identity Manager-B to B
When I installed the Portal on our QA, it set the value of the "sigma.persistance.xml.location" in the JBoss system properties to "classpath:sigma-persistence-mssql.xml" That makes sense, since we are using MS SQL doe our database.
However, that was NOT the value in our Dev. It was just "classpath:sigma-persistence.xml" (I think I'd put that in there manually when first trying out the upgrade). So, I changed value to the less specific file and that seems to work - I was able to use Identity Portal as expected. So the nonMSSQL file works better while the specific file does not.