Our security team is receiving the following message from Datamaker: Change your firewall policy to deny packets coming on the external interface with a source IP from the internal network. You should also deny packets on the external interface with a source IP that is non-routable, such as 10.0.0.1 or 127.0.0.1.
You may have Firewall rules that interfere with the TDM Services.
CA Test Data Manager (TDM)- Datamaker
Below is how to change your Windows Firewall rules to resolve this error message.
1. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Firewall.
2. Click on the 'Advanced settings' link.
<Please see attached file for image>src="/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=0150c000004AKAnAAO" alt="windows firewall advanced setting.PNG" width="788" height="259">
3. Under 'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer', click on the 'Inbound Rules' option.
- All TDM firewall rules start with 'GT'.
<Please see attached file for image>src="/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=0150c000004AKAmAAO" alt="inbound rules firewall.PNG" width="202" height="181">
4. Edit the 'GT SQL Service Browser UDP 1434'. Make sure the connection is allowed.
<Please see attached file for image>src="/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=0150c000004AKAlAAO" alt="gt sql service inbound firewall rule.PNG" width="449" height="221">
<Please see attached file for image>src="/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=0150c000004AKAkAAO" alt="allow connection.png" width="435" height="359">
5. There are also other TDM firewall rules that you can change if needed:
Once you have edited the GT SQL Service Browser UDP 1434 inbound rule, you should no longer see this error message.
If you experience any further issues, please open a support case by going to https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html.