When attempting to install Service Desk it fails in the first step during "Configuring CA Service Management common tables", it popup an error similar to the one bellow:
Creation of CDB failed, Please refer to log file at ...temp\casm\install.log and retry
The install_mdb.log shows the following error:
ERROR - The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: The TDS protocol stream is not valid.
SQL Server is not configured with SSL.
The JDBC driver used by Service Desk is not compatible and it failed to connect to the database.
CA Service Desk 14.1 and higher
1. Copy the DVD media installation files to the local drive.
2. Download the latests JDBC drivers from the following page
3. when prompted select
4. Make a backup of the original files sqljdbc.jar and sqljdbc_auth.dll. located under:
5. Unzip the content of the downloaded package and search for the following two files:
..\Microsoft JDBC Driver 6.0 for SQL Server\sqljdbc_6.0\enu\aut\sqljdbc_auth.dll
..\Microsoft JDBC Driver 6.0 for SQL Server\sqljdbc_6.0\enu\jre\sqljdbc41.jar
6. Rename the file sqljdbc41.jar to sqljdbc.jar
7. Copy both downloaded files sqljdbc.jar and sqljdbc_auth.dll and replace the original files in the locations bellow:
8.Ran the installation process again using the setup.exe from the local drive.
9. After the installation is completed the configuration process is executed and it is possible that it fails, if it does, copy the downloaded files to the following location: