When trying to open the SS Control Panel it fails with following error:
"Unable to connect to the location server"
If the Location Server service is down, you may get the above error. The Location Server service, locserv, is managed by the Processd service.
A few possible causes are:
1. If processd is down, the locserv will also be down. Restarting processd should also restart locserv and allow Spectrum Control Panel to launch.
Note: The above assumes Location Server service is configured to auto restart with processd (default setting).
2. A change in the Spectrum Install user password may prevent processd from starting.
1. Verify the processd process is running.
2. If processd is not running, try to restart it.
Once processd is restarted, try accessing Spectrum Control Panel
3. If you are still having issue restarting processd, check the processd_log in /SDPM for errors. For example:
Dec 08 11:34:31 Unable to logon user `spectrum` to start server process.
Please set current password using `processd --install --username aabbc-u123456\spectrum --password <passwd>`
4. To update the new passwd run the following command:
$SPECROOT/lib/SDPM: processd --install --username user login --password install owner passwd
Verify processd starts and you can access Spectrum Control Panel.
5. If processd and locserv services are running, you may want to check Location Server port is open.