In the MSP New Driver, Unable to Save changes to the Project Calendar
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new project in PPM
2. Export the project to MSP
3. Click on the 'Project' tab and then click 'Change Working Time'
4. Create an Exception for the calendar (in this example, under 'Exceptions' create an exception with Start of 4/3/17 and Finish of 4/3/17 (You will now see 4/3/17 highlighted as a day off on the calendar)
5. Click OK
6. Save the project back to PPM and then open it back in MSP
7. Navigate back to the Change Working Time window and observe the results:
Expected Results: The exception added (4/3/17 in this example) is still shown
Actual Results: The exception is no longer displayed
This is working as designed in the new driver
This is working as designed in the MSP new driver as the concept of a project calendar does not exist in PPM. PPM uses the Standard calendar for the majority of its scheduling (when the autoschedule job is run). Also, PPM is a resource based scheduler, so the calendars used in scheduling are only the ones that are associated to resources on that project team. These changes were made to the new driver in order to align the MSP Interface functionality with the way PPM works.
To workaround this behavior:
1. Edit calendar at the resource level:
2. To make a change for multiple resources at the same time, you can create a calendar on the admin side and set the Non Work-Day exceptions there: