While trying to upgrade the TDM repository, I am receiving the following error message:
Profile: Repository Database
Title: Test Data Repository
Database Warning Message: ORA-01450: maximum key length (6398) exceeded
Transaction Error Code: -1
Database Error Code: 1450
PB DBMS driver: ORA Oracle
Client Version: 188.8.131.52.0 Production
Server DBMS: Oracle (oracle)
Server Version: 184.108.40.206.0
Login ID: GTREP
ii_identifier_case = 3
ib_current_schema_only = false
ib_db2 = false
ib_db2_400 = false
ib_extra_fkeys = false
ib_fkey_capable = true
ib_new_fkeys = false
ib_pkey_capable = true
ib_single_schema = false
ib_unicode = true
ib_user_views = false
This error message relates to the Maximum Key Length and Block Size, which is normally configured by a DBA. These documents review the cause of the error in more depth:
The best way to resolve this error message is to work with your DBA so they will be able to change the size and length restrictions.
You can take the SQL Scripts that are generated at the DB Maintenance Area and reduce/take off the last item in the script causing the error or review the resolutions presented in these documents:
Once this is done, you can rerun the DB Maintenance scripts and the upgrade will be successful. Directions for performing repository maintenance: https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1913171.html
The following process will also get you around the error:
1. In Datamaker, hit CTRL+ALT+M to get to the Maintenance DB screen.
2. Check all CA Test Data Manager - Datamaker tables are present in the repository connection.
- This facility will check if any tables are missing and create a script to create any missing tables.
3. A script will be generated to the screen. Copy that script and in SQL Admin screen.
4. Run each script individually until you find the error.
5. Skip the bad one and continue running the rest, one at a time.
6. Now return back to the bad one. You will notice it is long. Simply take out the last column and re-run it.
- This should run without errors or warnings.
If you experience any further issues, please open a support case by going to https://support.ca.com/us.html.