OS: win 7 32 bit
Error: Client stated the Workbench hangs when opening application
Issue: client stated one computer is unable to open the workbench, client advised he is able to open the admin mode
Sometimes when upgrading SCM Client software, remnants of the previous version of SCM Client don't get completely removed from the computer.
Release: SCMNCR99000-12.5-Harvest-Software Change Manager-Named User-Competitive Replacem
1. Uninstall the SCM Client from Control Panel -> Programs
2. Delete the SCM home folder (C:\Program Files\CA\SCM, or C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SCM)
3. Review environment variables to be sure all SCM and PEC-related environment variables have been deleted, and all references to those folders have been removed from the system path.
4. Reboot the machine.
5. Install again, being sure to:
- Login to Windows with a user account that belongs to the local Administrator group
- Use the setup.exe and not the msi file
- Right click on the setup.exe and select “Run as Administrator”
7. Try to open Workbench again.
You might also look for and delete the C:\Users\<their userid>\.cascm folder. This is “scratch pad” space for Workbench and will be re-created the next time Workbench is started.