Linking a Process based on the Timesheet Object to Resource's Updated By / Approved By / Submitted By will not work as expected if the Resource ID does not match the User ID.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new Process based on the Timesheet Object
2. On the Objects tab, link the Timesheet with Resource's "Updated by"
3. Set an Auto-Start condition on Update with the expression:
timesheet.prmodby.unique_name != "xxx", where xxx is any Resource ID returned by this query:
select unique a.*
from SRM_RESOURCES a,
where a.USER_ID != c.ID
and a.id != a.USER_ID
and PERSON_TYPE = 300
and IS_ACTIVE = 1
4. The process does not need to do anything (just launch), so the post-condition can be just "Finish". Validate and activate.
5. Log in as the user from step 3
6. Update any timesheet (open a timesheet, change something, click save)
7. Check initiated processes
Expected Result: Process should not have been started
Actual Result: Process has been started
This has been reported to Sustaining Engineering as CLRT-80823.
This issue has been reported for CA PPM v13.3 and also verified on v14.4.
This issue has been fixed by Sustaining Engineering and the fix is targeted to be included in our next release.